Friday, September 9, 2011

What is that stench?!

There is something rotten in my walls or under my house. Wednesday night I suddenly woke up, because it smelled like something had died in my bedroom. It was so wretched and after what seemed like forever I finally just got up and brought pillow and blanket to the living room to try to sleep. After about an hour, though, the smell was in the living room. Bad. Bad bad. I went back to my bedroom and the smell was gone. Completely. I went ahead and changed the sheets on my bed since I hadn't done it on Sunday like I usually do. I kept smelling Lenny and started wondering if it was him. But he just smelled like a dog. I started wondering if maybe it was ME. So I took a shower. But still the smell. And it is back in my bedroom again. No amount of candles or fans or open windows help at all. So as soon as it was daylight, since neither of us had slept, Trey went under the house with two guns to shoot whatever was moving back and forth in the crawlspace. He didn't find anything, though. So I'm sitting here on the sofa, waiting for my yard boy to come look under the house and fix whatever is stinking up my bedroom and bathroom and kitchen and living room. It's not smelling bad in the two rooms on Trey's side of the house. Imagine that. It could be, though, that he just doesn't notice the smell because of all of the dirty laundry he brought back here when he moved back in last week. He also put Vicks Vaporub under his nose so he could breathe. He said when he was under the house he couldn't even smell the stench. So what the hell is it? I don't think I can stand it much longer. It nearly made me throw up when I went in there a little while ago to cut the insulation from around the window so I could open it and let out the nasty air and let some fresh air in. But that didn't even help. So I've been awake all night and I'm getting tired. Ted, hurry up and get here and fix whatever it is. Trey said he thinks maybe a pipe has burst and it's fumes from the sewer. I hope that's not what it is because repairs for something that major are just not in the budget this month. Oh, please, God, don't let it be anything expensive!!!

No comments: